What happens in a Counselling Session, how it could help you and what issues do people go to counselling with?
What happens in a Counselling Session?
We meet in the counselling room on a regular basis.
Here I will listen carefully to you, with respect and together we will work with whatever is causing you difficulty in your life. Generally this will be done by talking and paying attention to the body.
How can counselling help you?
Each person is individual and your experience of counselling will be unique to you. However here are some general outcomes that most clients experience:
- Getting to know yourself in a new way - perhaps by gaining some acceptance of things that have been difficult
- Becoming more self aware
- Feeling a greater sense of control
- Feeling both more positive and less overwhelmed by negatives
- Being able to make decisions that support you
- Experiencing being supported unconditionally
What are the issues that people go to counselling with?
The list below is not comprehensive. Please feel free to contact me if you are unsure whether what you want to come with is suitable.
- Anxiety or fear
Issues or difficulties from your past
Stress related problems
Relationship problems - at home or at work
Emotional or physical pain
Depression/feelings of worthlessness
Low self-esteem/lack of confidence
Feeling lost or confused
Emotional or physical abuse